Tuesday 4 December 2012

Removing Cement in the Barn


 I think that most guys have a 'Tim the Toolman Taylor' complex when they think of big tools.  As soon as my sons heard that we were going to rent a jack hammer to remove a large chunk of cement in the barn, they wanted a turn.  That enthusiasm didn't last long, though.  This chunk consisted of a cement ramp and a flat landing about 3.5' high that allowed the cows to walk from the lower barn to the upper level without going outside.  The upper level had been changed enough that this would no longer work and the whole thing stuck out quite far and blocked part of the pen so it had to go.  Above, DH is standing on top using the jack hammer (you can see his boots) while my son is keeping the jack hammer from slipping.  My other 2 sons had already decided that it was too hard of work...and it is!




The above are the 'before' photos and the below one is the after that I almost decided against posting.  But I decided that the guys had done way too much work not to show the 'after'.  They had unknowingly created a 'poop shelf'!  Oh well, at least that big job got done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment