Saturday 12 January 2013

Old Farm Sign

This hand painted mural is inside our side porch over the doorway.  I have no idea who painted it but it's beautiful and if we ever take out the brick wall to make room for a new kitchen, it'll be taken down carefully and preserved. 
This strip of marble is underneath the above mural, joining the living room and the side porch.  If we ever redo the side porch (it's on the south side of the house and very hot all summer and very cold all winter - a few degrees above 0 - due to no heat) I'd like to save this little piece and incorporate it into the new room.  The floors are different heights so I'm sure that it would have to come out.  There's not much about this farm house or farm that I like but every once in a while, I find some little thing that tells me that, at some point in time, there must have been some love shown to this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment